Pass the Time
[html]
Word Count :: 368 Shall we end, so we get a new thread going? Big Grin

Niro could see the boy was getting tired as he snuggled closer to his father, it was silent for a bit as Heiro digested every word that Niro said into his brain, at least that’s what Niro was hoping, it was probably just thinking about food right now for all he really knew. At Heiro’s outburst Niro jumped and looked at his black and white child, cringing only slightly from the pain that shot through his hurts from his sudden movement. He blinked and remembered saying those same words when he was a pup, “it’s not so bad, you know when I was a pup I had a bookworm of a sister to contend with and no one else. It was just me her and my family. I know you’re smaller than the others but soon you’ll grow up too fast and wish you were a kid again.” He knew his words wouldn’t be listened to but he hoped it would keep the boy happy at least for a little while.

“Oh you will shift! Give it some time buddy, why rush? I know it’s hard to wait, but sometimes it’s better to be patient.” Again something the boy would likely let move from one ear and out the other. It just nullified Niro’s own brain that he said it to make the young pup feel better. It was true he was sure to change both his parents were luperci and he was born into it. He ruffled the boy’s fur, lightly this time because he knew he was getting tired, he made himself comfortable, knowing that a nap would be quite soon and sleep would be good for Niro as well as Heiro. He loved his son and it was nice to get one on one time with the child, though the man wished he could use that time better than to tell stories. Like showing him how to hunt, or leather work, or even make a carving, but then... Heiro was too young to shift so much of that he couldn’t do. No hunting, oh how he missed hunting and he feared he would never be able to do it again.

Photo courtesy of Joseph Robertson

<style>
.KMTT24611_Niro1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#010c0c; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 {background-color:#8eabab; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/s ... roship.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:298px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_Niro1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread