You think you are complicated deep mystery to all
He listened to her, then spoke. "I've told you about Catalyst. I'm going back there. But I swear, I will come back to you. I will." Now, despite the pups she was holding, he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. "Thank you, my love. I will be sure to return Ahuli safely to you."

As she spoke again about the stillborn, the unnamed one, the genderless one, his heart hardened. Not against his pale angel, no, but against her tears. He had unconsciously been considering staying, been considering just letting it go. And yet news of the shadow that had sprouted in her womb had reminded him why he needed to go back to Catalyst.

He stroked her cheek gently with his thumb. "Love, I don't blame you for it. You are pure, innocent of evil. I'm going back to destroy the evil that tried to ruin everything for me, that even now throws a taint over our life. When I come back to you everything will be peaceful again, everything will be good, and no harm will befall you or the pups. I can't promise you that right now, I can't promise you nothing will happen to you three. The evil that killed my mother and sister has to be destroyed first."

He paused, then spoke. "Promise me, love, that you won't follow me. I won't lose you to Azza."

Messages In This Thread