You think you are complicated deep mystery to all
He could feel her indecision, but the maternal instincts he knew she had won out over wanting to be with him. He was relieved, he didn't know if he'd have been strong enough to protect her from Azza. Hell, he didn't even know if he was strong enough to go on if she was killed in the heat of battle. He drew in a deep breath, memorizing her scent. He drank deeply of the love that was present in her tender kiss. After a moment, he pulled back, but only long enough to pull D'Ryn from her arms and hold the boy close to him. "You're little now, son, but you are the alpha male of the den while I'm gone. Take care of your mom and sister. I will come back to teach you everything I know. Grow big and strong." He nuzzled into his son, feeling the little male licking his cheek.

After a moment he gently set the boy on the floor, pulling Bridget to him. "You are going to be a beautiful warrior just like your mom, Bridget. Don't grow up too quick...I'll be back before you know it."

His throat was tight, his face impassive as he turned to his mate and pulled her close, burying his face in her hair. He could feel her tears on his chest, and he closed his eyes. "Know this, Ayasha, I will love you for all of eternity. I will hurry home... wait for me."

He kissed her deeply, his love driving him to hold her tightly. He rested his forehead against hers, simply staring into her eyes for what seemed like an hour, though was only mere seconds. He pulled away, his throat tighter as he grabbed his pack and walked out without looking back.

It wasn't long before he had mounted Ahuli and was galloping away.

Messages In This Thread