new faces, strange places
[html]

<33
wc -- 345

He didn't know what he was going to do- his father couldn't see him in this giant state, he would surely have a fit about it. But his paw hurt and he wasn't entirely sure what he was supposed to do with it. The soft whimpers that escaped the boy were pitiful, but he supposed he'd never really hurt himself away from his father or Uncles before. He remembered the attempt at a treehouse his dad and Niernan had made back at the Lakes, before they'd moved again. Teme had taken a tumble out of the platform that had been laid down- he'd landed on his back. His screams had been terrible and his father and Uncles had been there almost immediately. The young boy hadn't understood at the time that his injury could have been serious.

His thoughts were drawn from his own previous injuries at the sight of an approaching canine. Temeraire shifted, moving from his back to laying on his side, his head still rested against the ground in a self-piteous state. The canine confirmed herself as female when she spoke, curiosity sparking in Teme's deep blue eyes. He'd never seen this one before and he perked to attention, still lying on the floor but with his head up and looking at the female. Her question didn't quite compute for a moment, before he recognised the words as familiar and responded. "I tripped and fell, I think I hurt my paw." He responded, voice smooth and innocent. He knew that he often played up to his Uncles, but he didn't really know how to act.

"Who are you?" He questioned, slightly rounded ears flashing back and forward as blue eyes took in the female. She was slim, her body was clearly nothing like his. He thought perhaps she might be a bit coyote- his father had explained the differences between coyotes and wolves, but he didn't think he'd ever met one. Still on the floor, Teme allowed his head to cock slightly to the side, gaze fixed on the strange canine.

<style>.harlowe-scared-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-scared p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-scared b {color:#FFF161; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-scared {width:420px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I9Mu0.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DF9F21; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread