new faces, strange places
[html]

apologies dear!
wc -- 330

Blue eyes looked up at the willowy female, guessing that she was close to his age, wondering where she'd come from. She seemed relatively comfortable in her surroundings, but Teme was sure he'd never seen her in Vinátta before. They seemed silent for a moment and they looked at each other, almost sizing one another up. Her words were gentle, he could see that, but he gave a pout at being told what to do. Still, she'd moved closer and came to settle beside his paws, which meant they were at least closer to the same level. Her next question caused him to actually consider his injury and he looked at his paw, shaking it experimentally. No drops of blood hit the floor and he could smell none either.

"No blood... But I'll try to be more careful." He agreed rather begrudingly, although his tail gave a few thumps on the ground as testament to his good nature. With a grunt, he shifted up to a sitting position, gingerly placing his injured paw on the ground. After an initial flash of pain, he pushed further down and was pleased to see that it wasn't too bad. "Its not that bad..." He commented, adding a soft chuckle on the end. It wouldn't hurt to try and make some friends and despite her quietness, the female seemed nice enough. His question was met with a quick response and Temeraire was just able to register her name before a question of her own was given. It was a strange one, but he nodded softly.

"I am... I'm Temeraire Stormbringer. Its nice to meet you Andara." He added, the words learned from his father. Saul didn't often interfere much with him, but it was little lessons like these, subtle but memorable that stuck with the boy. Learning from ones elders was easy, because it often never felt like they were actually being taught anything. "Why?" He questioned, wondering why she'd asked about his family.

<style>.harlowe-scared-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-scared p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-scared b {color:#FFF161; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-scared {width:420px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I9Mu0.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DF9F21; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread