crowd surf off a cliff
Sorry about the wait. Working nine hours a day in and out of 100+ degree heat sucks. I had vertigo almost 2/3rds of the day yesterday. x___x;

[html]

From the moment he mentioned that he was a Lykoi, the way he was being observed changed. Mephisto felt his skin prickle uncomfortably, not entirely sure how to take to being so scrutinized. But it was minor in comparison to what he was likely to face, knowing that he was eventually, if not likely to face additional pairs of eyes in time. Even here, in this unfamiliar continent, he had already come across wandering eyes. But the scrutiny wasn't without approval, and so the uncomfortable sensation went away just as it had come. He couldn't help but crack a small smile at the tidbit Ithiel shared with him — Mephisto had been told that there were many related to him lingering behind the pike borders.

But then the real time was beginning to tick down as soon as a howl had been pitched to someone in authority. Another cousin, but there was budding anxiety (and yet, excitement again) lingering deep in his veins. So he opted for something he could do other than waiting, and that was answering the question that had been presented to him. “I can do a little of everything, I suppose,” he said with a haphazard shrug. “I've spent the better part of a year as a set of hands on a trade ship though. I don't know if that would be useful, but I'm a decent learner, and willing to pick up whatever needs to be done.” While he was being modest, it was also honest truth. Mephisto knew how to survive, but he really knew how to sail. Everything else had been secondary to that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread