crowd surf off a cliff
[html]

(--) BOOMSWITCH

The redhead nodded at the name; she recognized it, but by name only. The Aquila could not put a face to the name; it had occurred only in the history of Inferni, and within her own family tree. Corona's in our history book, she said. I know her, but only by name. In contrast, to the smile Myri gave on recognizing Mephisto's mother, Ithiel's face remained blank, and he only looked from one to the other, lingering on Myrika as if he waited dismissal. When none came, the dusky hybrid began to edge his horse off; as Myrika made no move to stop him, the hybrid lifted a hand by way of saying good-bye, and trotted off, presumably to round the borders.

Gabriel was gone before I came, she explained, only giving a sidelong glance to the Duplicarius as he left. His son, Ezekiel, was the Aquila before me. And I'm new to the job, she said blithely, shrugging one shoulder lightly to show just how much she thought of that. The redhead decided it was probably more polite to slide down off her horse's back and was about to do such, when she thought of Ezekiel: would he have dismounted his horse to lead her beside a new member? She tried to remember, and decided he probably wouldn't.

She remained seated, but gave a tug on the bay stallion's reins. You'll probably want to find somewhere to rest, and maybe eat something? she suggested, holding her horse when he had half turned back toward Inferni. Any questions? she added, turquoise gaze lingering on him for a moment.

Myrika is by Alaine!

<style>
#myriAlaineLup {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriAlaineLup p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriAlaineLup p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread