crowd surf off a cliff
[html]

(398) lol myribabblez omg sorry Sad

The redhead had never known most of the canines she'd written about. There were no faces to half of them -- just names. Corona was just such a name, made real only by the stories she'd collected from Kaena and Ezekiel and still other old-timers of the clan. Looking upon Mephisto, she imagined his mother might be tawny brown or even gold -- she knew Corona to be a sibling of Gabriel, and Gabriel had been Ezekiel's father. Tawny fur seemed to be concentrated in this section of the family, and it wouldn't have surprised her to find still more golden and fawn-colored coats.

Well, she started, considering the back of Cahal's neck as she rode along at a plodding pace. Can you read? There's more history than you'd ever want to know stuffed into a book in the D'Neville. But -- history is old, she said, smiling to herself as she fiddled with a strand of her horse's dark mane. I guess it's a place like any other. We only take coyotes, we stick skulls on our borders, we've got funny old ranks. There's not a lot of groveling and showy dominance, either. This last was said with a grin, for it might have been obvious to Mephisto already: she wasn't exactly requiring him to go belly-up or fold his tail in tight.

Inferni right now is kind of weird. We were attacked by wolves a few months ago, she said, thinking of the Boreas canines. I don't know what they wanted, but we were all on high alert for a while because of that. And, we even built archery stands in the forest along the border for added protection. In the end, our neighbors to the west, Salsola, combined forces with us to smash the wolf camp, she said, considering.

We're okay with Salsola, but I wouldn't go wandering over there to make friends. I don't know a lot about our southern neighbors, Casa di Cavelieri. Maybe you could check them out? she suggested. Anyway, since the wolf attacks, it's been kind of quiet, except for Ezekiel leaving... I've only just become the Aquila. It seemed to Myri little harm could come of telling Mephisto this, for he'd learn quickly enough from one mouth or another.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriNat p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread