crowd surf off a cliff
I like Myri babbles! Big Grin In turn, I am apparently rambling for a change of face... also because I really don't want to go to bed even though I have to be at work in eight hours. So tired of work, four weeks of overtime now and probably going into my fifth. I miss rest. ;_;

[html]

He listened with rapt attention, leaving the only other thing privy to his attentiveness be where he was walking. It was easy to keep up with Myrika and her steed, though that was in part that she wasn't booking it across the terrain to readily dump him somewhere. As she spoke, he found himself picking at more and more questions, but ones that he would keep to himself for the time being, not wanting to interrupt her or otherwise steer them off into a tangent that wasn't usually reserved for strangers. The concepts of ranks was somewhat unfamiliar, having only existed in a (un)structured sort of caste, but Mephisto could liken them to duties. Some duties were more important than others, like healing or leading, but even in a structured caste, there were those who were listless, and well, looked upon as simply being there. That was not unlike what he imagined he was then.

With merely a nod to affirm that he could read, the pale Lykoi knew he would be checking out the book that had been put together. But it was the talk of Inferni being attacked and defending itself that intrigued him the most. “Mm, I've heard of canines like that. There are roving radicals out there, I guess you could say, just attacking and showing off their dominance or stupidity. Depends on how you look at it. They exist on the sea too, but there's more good than bad there for now, I suppose.” Pirates came to mind, though sometimes it wasn't treasure they were after. Able hands, ships, anything that looked worth taking depending upon the individuals. But not all of them were particular bad, he wanted to believe. Who was to argue that trading ships weren't pirates of their own, just with a different outcome?

“Do attacks happen often here? It seems like Inferni is keen on keeping up an image. I mean, at least one that states that you're more than capable of defending yourself.” It didn't really scream that they were bloodthirsty mongrels looking for a good fight, but Mephisto never doubted that they wouldn't rise to the attack if it were necessary. Obviously, clearly, they had. “I'd imagine that the need to show that was because it had to be, of course. My mother seemed to suggest that Inferni didn't go out looking for trouble, but rather that trouble found it.” Hate seemed to run hand in hand with war, anytime and anywhere. Though with that said, it wouldn't bar him from going and investigating things around Inferni once he had settled in. What would happen would happen, as life was too often cyclical.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread