crowd surf off a cliff
They do work when they want to for me, though I'm still prone to drinking them and passing out anyway, lmao. NOS has the most caffeine in them, but they do not have as many tasty flavors. Or a zero sugar/calorie kind and I am so in love with that one. The can is pretty. It tastes awesome. I drinks. Also, I am finally getting tired, yay. I have also been following Vesper and Myrika about when I stumble across their threads.
[html]

If there was one thing that Mephisto did remember, it was how his mother had often reacted to him having curiosities about Inferni. There were the usual inklings of disdain, but on the other hand she seemed to take a certain fondness in telling him things. Certain things, at least. But she had never sugarcoated the dangers that existed. To him, Inferni had been labelled as neither good nor bad. Its borders spoke of one thing, but so far he found that two of its inhabitants were at least good. Or gave him the impression of suchs. Ithiel he couldn't make heads or tails out of from just a minor interaction, but he already got the impression that Myrika was good at her core.

But it wasn't that which he focused on, only briefly interjecting at Vesper's mention. “Really? That's quite interesting.” Another mental note made, he decided he wanted to meet her… and hopefully not make her feel as though he were looking at her through a microscope intent of figuring out the psychological impacts. But most importantly, he was interested in someone else's take to everything. What made someone non-Luperci? What had made him Luperci? So many questions and never enough answers.

“Well, I'm sure whatever the real reason is for him leaving, it's probably reasonable. Sometimes I guess you just have to go. I mean, it wasn't just one day that I woke up and suddenly decided I wanted to leave everything I know and was familiar with to go on an adventure. I had originally started by wanting to come here much earlier, but I ended up sailing about instead.” He shrugged. “Could have walked off a ship whenever we docked over this way and come here, but I followed a different path for a while. Maybe that's all he's doing now, just following a different path or calling.” If tried hard enough, perhaps he could romanticize it. He knew nothing about Ezekiel, but already wanted to believe he had to have had a good reason for leaving. It was one thing that his mother had taught him that he wasn't minding — nothing is as easy as it sounds or seems.

Yet that possibility had never been ruled out by Mephisto. “Either way, I'm sure it's not easy to just spontaneously adjust to something like that. The only thing I can relate it to is the first crew I worked with. Half of our upper management decided to toss half of us out when we docked somewhere else. One day our captain showed fondness to a bunch our hardworking lot and the next he was telling us to pack up and get out and good luck finding a way back home,” and at that he couldn't help but make a sour face. Mephisto had never come to terms with what had been done wrong, but something had he felt. “In the end we, or at least I ended up in better hands.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread