crowd surf off a cliff
[html]

(304) TBH me too. I only drink them to get to a baseline "normal" anymore and can basically go conk out after drinking the entirety of a monster. >_> vespermyridorbz (i should get this as a title)

The redhead smiled almost dreamily and nodded. I think so, too, she murmured, thinking of Vesper's four-legged form, and the two-legged one, too. She'd only seen the latter a handful of times and was, by far, more used to the four-legged version of her Centurion. As Mephisto spoke, however, his words carried a certain truth she'd previously missed, and she straightened in Cahal's saddle, turning down to frown toward him, though it was less a disapproving look and more a contemplative sort.

You're right, she mused. It couldn't have been something he just did. Maybe he planned all of it all along, she said, voice growing almost growly with the thought. She did not -- or would not -- resent her cousin for leaving; she could not resent him for the responsibility he'd given her. Along with responsibility came certain perks, to be sure, and she would have ended up here eventually anyway, if what Kaena thought was true. But it had been -- and still was -- a shock to her, and the tawny coyote wasn't entirely certain just how she felt about any of this.

The story about his captain also resonated within her -- what if a leader of the clan should decide to eradicate hybrid blood? She remembered Ezekiel's proclamation of necessary coyote blood well enough. It could happen. She couldn't imagine pitching anyone out of the clan on basis of blood alone, though. How could he just throw you out like that? she wondered. Some captain. She supposed Ezekiel had done something like that with foisting Inferni onto her, but the he had at least prepared her for it, after a fashion. Even if Myrika wasn't privy to her training or that she was being trained, it counted for something.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriNat p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread