crowd surf off a cliff
[html]

“It's easy enough to do,” Mephisto stated when she queried. “The exact reason I don't really know why. Wasn't given a chance to ask, doubtful I would've gotten an answer. Maybe he tired of us that easily, or maybe he just didn't want to pay us. Or feed us. And maybe we weren't what he was looking for.” The straw-colored Lykoi shrugged his shoulders passively. He held no ill will for the canine that had cast him to the side. “The world's a bit different out there, I guess. It's a bigger melting pot than anything I've ever seen before. All sorts of beasts roam the waters if they're able.” No stranger to unexpected violence, he had seen his fair share of tiffs. But for the most part, Mephisto had been fortunate enough to avoid them or face a necessarily long fight.

But all in all, he did not make the mistake to think that things would be different. Scrapping on water was much different than on land. Here, he supposed there were many more variables. There were certainly more bodies to deal with, though he wasn't exactly sure what the percentage was when it came to good and bad. Both existed everywhere and he fancied himself as neither. “So what kind of ship is Inferni? Do you push us all to work and contribute or are things more lax?” He found himself asking the next question that came to mind, somewhat absently. What could he expect? “Or have you not decided yet? I'm gathering that Ezekiel left not too long ago.” And while he tried to pick and choose his words carefully, he couldn't. There was something about the way Myrika carried herself that said she was still feeling her out way.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread