Shared Languages
Just an interesting thought I had. While we tend to use languages directly the way I understand Luperci speech is that its different dialects of canine speech (i.e. When I use Spanish words for Neela she isn't actually speaking spanish, or even wolf spanish for that matter, but it switching into a mexican dialect of wolf speech and i'm just using spanish words to represent that, or writing it as "she spoke spanish" because its quicker.)

If that's right then it raises the question of how languages being distributed would actually work. Even assuming that for some magical reason all the Luperci develop their languages along the same borders that humans used, there would still be languages such as English (British Isles, America) and Spanish (Spain, Canary Islands, Mexico, Cuba) which had their languages distributed throughout the world but have no reason for Luperci developing in those places to share the languages. I'm sure I've read somewhere that some characters originate from England and moved to souls but really those characters would probably speak a completely different language than what Souls has as English (Which would more accurately be called American or Canadian since that's where its developed)

I'm not trying to actually change anything here, thinking up what languages are where and getting names for em and shit would be an exhaustive process for little point since this is just minor details, but its interesting to think about, anybody else got any thoughts on this?

Also interesting side thought I got onto by thinking about this, looking at population numbers wouldn't pretty much everywhere except Canada and a few other places be massively dominated by dogs in terms of numbers? Keeping in mind this was spawned by thought of what English Luperci would actually speak, English is gonna be pretty much all dogs; we have no coyote, no wild wolves and very few captive ones and pretty much anywhere that had human populations if gonna have more dogs than any other animals.

But yeah, anybody else got any thoughts on Luperci Languages? Just wanted to throw this out here, see what others could come up with.

Messages In This Thread