In Due Course
[html]

WC:: 5+ OOC:: Aww Z!!!

Zeitgeist’s actions surprised her as he moved forward and his hand went down her side. She visibly shivered against his touch, not used to the feeling of someone else’s hands other than Jiva’s on her, but she didn’t shove his hand away. His touch wasn’t something she had expected, but she was slightly ashamed with the fact that she had liked it. Stop it...you’re mated, she reminded herself, and she loved Jiva with all of her heart, but she couldn’t deny the connection she had with this dappled canine. Something about him tied her to him. His next words sent her mind reeling. Her eyes searched his face in mild confusion as he he made accusations against her pack. A small chuckle began to form in the back of her throat, she couldn’t believe he actually thought she was something of a slave in these lands. Zeitgeist, she started as she tentatively backed away from him a bit shaking her head. How could this have escalated so? Surely he didn’t think the wolves of New Dawn were evil or abusing her?

New Dawn was her home away from home. Within its borders she had found the acceptance she had so desperately sought out when she had been chased away from her birth pack and everything that was familiar. Here she found a family that loved her for everything she was, an optime and proud of it. The virus wasn’t frowned upon in New Dawn and she had met many others who freely shifted forms without a moment’s hesitation. She was learning things she had never dreamed of before, and becoming quite adept at some of the more humanized skills. No, this pack was everything she wanted and more. How could Z think she’d stay somewhere only to be treated badly? Did he really think she was that weak?

The woman’s face screwed up with hurt, though she understood his intentions as he told her she could leave with him. His hand caressed her cheek, but she turned her face away only letting the tips of his fingers linger there for a few seconds. It’s not like that at all, she whispered, a knot forming in her throat. His words filled her ears like an assault. She couldn’t be bought, that wasn’t what this was, but despite seeing how this could be somewhat funny, she only felt sadness and inadequacy. Her sparkling eyes drifted up to look as his gray after her begged with her. Zeitgeist...it wasn’t my pack that attacked me, it was some mad man outside of our borders, a gloved hand came up to pinch at her eyebrows and the headache forming behind them. I have safety here, and brothers and sisters that love me. I’m not some slave to them, I’m a family member....can’t you see that? Her hand moved away now as she reached out to hold his hands. I’m...I'm flattered that you’d want to rescue me, but I don’t need saving... her voice drifted off, as she began to realize or was under the impression that this man would do anything for her.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread