Not so eerie whispers
[html]

-hump-

He turned still and passive as the woman started to dig the first shallow hole of many. The moment she put the shovel aside and indicated that she had finished with the first patch, he picked a decent shaped shard of pastel limestone and moved to place it. Her words seemed poetic to him, as if polished. A winter child amongst snow and ice and the lovely world of ghosts. Ghosts were unnatural and wrong; they didn’t belong in this realm. But perhaps it was just a manner or speaking. He hoped so, for her sake. He couldn’t wish for anyone else to be in his position, even if the torment wasn’t constant.

Itachi couldn’t recall the seasons of his puppyhood. If others thought him cold and numb now, it was nothing compared to what he had been like as a child. The hybrid knew he had turned into something better than he had been. He had yet to experience a desire to shove any Salsolan off a cliff as of yet, at least. Calm sunset hues lifted to her unique lilac, and he wished he could give her a satisfactory answer. ”I was the lone child in Inferni. I don’t have any particular memories from that time.” None that mattered, anyway. He had been the unwanted result of rape, and his mother had given him away to someone that had genuine loved him, only to have him attempt to take their life. Poor Kaena.

It wouldn’t do to openly admit that he was terribly flawed without direct confrontation, so naturally he would do no such thing. Pale palms patted the loose soil around the placed limestone, and his eyes fell from hers to look to his work. ”I don’t think I was like other children,” he honestly admitted, having little to no trouble sharing this with a woman that he hardly knew. Salsola was supposed to be family, so it should be natural to open up to selected members. Anyway, there hadn't been other puppies present that he could compare himself to, so he didn't know for certain.

<style type="text/css">
.itachi-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.itachi-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.itachi-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.itachi-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... achi-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread