Not so eerie whispers
[html]

--

Draugr is by Alaine!

Draugr's doggish ears twitched at his words, though she'd gone back to sorting out the dirt. The work made her body ache, her shoulder most of all, but she showed no signs of slowing. It was easy for Draugr to ignore physical pain -- dull aches such as these were easily put aside. Even the noise of her thought could drown them out, and just now her conscious mind was engaged in a conversation she found riveting. She glanced toward Itachi with her pale eyes, pausing to listen carefully to the tawny coyote's voice.

Draugr did not, at first, understand. The example was what cinched the matter for her; it was only when presented something real Draugr could fully comprehend. I understand, she said, smiling. I will always appreciate where I've come from. How could she not? Her mother was her goddess, simply put. If all I was capable of achieving was Associate or even Goon -- I should be very happy to have that much. But I think I am worth more, and will not be satisfied until I am where I should be, the wolfdog said, unabashedly and without the slightest hint of humility. She did not know precisely where she belonged, and she had rather well confused happiness and satisfaction, having experienced neither in her lifetime.

The wolfdog moved aside the earth on the final spot, and stepped back, glancing toward Itachi as if to ask whether he wanted further holes. The shovel felt good in her hands, and it felt good to work -- even in her present state. Work was betterment, and Draugr would be satisfied with nothing less than perfect improvement on her part.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread