G'day
[html]
Word Count :: 551Have an equally shocking post.

A distinctly female voice broke through his thoughts on adventure, he whirled around and his shockingly green eyes fell on the tall sandy coloured woman. He flicked his eyes up and down her form, taking in her lack of clothing, the leather bag, her dread locked hair and the strange bird that rested in her arms. He felt a smirk work its way onto his muzzle; he was always ready with a smirk or a smart remark and this time was no different. "Ah, it's been a bonzer day." He laughed, his usual acidic sarcasm creeping into his Aussie tones, "One of my favourite things is to catch forty winks on a strange beach. The only problem with I find with the practice is finding sand in the loincloth." He made a face of discomfort and scratched at his rear end for emphasis. He was aware he was acting boorish, but he knew no other way to act around others, especially women.

Gelar chose that moment to let a stream of raucous cackling erupt from his throat. Baird winced as the piercing noise temporarily deafened him. He raised one hand-paw and flicked the birds large beak with a claw, "Ah, shut yer trap, Gelar!" He half shouted. He grimaced at the woman, "Apologies for Gelar, miss." he flicked his ears sideways; he was unfamiliar with the courtesy system for wolves. He was a Dingo and an Australian, things were different where he came from. He smiled up at her, "He's just a bit of an idiot."

Baird nodded to the bird in her arms, "That's a fair strange flapper you got there miss, I've never seen anything like it." His voice betrayed his inquisitiveness, animals were his thing, he much preferred their company to other canines, finding that canines, especially Four legs, didn't understand his brand of sarcasm. In his questioning about her strange bird he forgot for a moment that he was probably the first dingo that this country had ever seen, and that was likely the same for his kookaburra and the quolls. It was then that the 5 young pups chose to peer over his sandy furred shoulders and Pan nibbled on his finger, when Baird recoiled the quoll mother mewled loudly at him, scolding him in Low Speech. He chittered back at her and rolled his eyes, "Apologies for my rudeness, miss." He said, giving Pan a meaningful look. "My friend here reminded me that I was forgetting something. I'm Baird Byrne, some call me God, others Asshole, but you can just call me Baird." He drawled. He pointed to his head and the bird still perched between his ears, "That's Gelar, he's a Kookaburra and a moron." Hie black claw then pointed to the quoll in his other paw and then to the five little faces peering over his shoulders, "This is Pangari, Pan for short. She's a Tiger Quoll and mother to these five little bundles of fun. She takes her nagging very seriously." He laughed as Pan went in for another nip to his finger. He looked up to the woman, "Quick question, where am I?" He asked, not wanting to sound like an idiot, but needing to know that he was in Nova Scotia and not on some random beach on the coast of America.

Photo courtesy of pierre pouliquin

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#f7f4a2; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 {background-color:#7e3826; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3848/bairdbyrne2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:358px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread