Rivers of misfortune.
Footsteps upon the stairs awoke her and she whimpered quietly as her broken wrist pained her. Her eyes darted around looking for her children before she remembered that they were off with Myrddin, he was taking them around Cercatori so as not to disturb their mother. The door opened and a familiar large figure stepped in. Gemma was no longer afraid of Ulilohi as she had once been but the Councilwoman was still an intimidating sight especially whilst Gemma herself was laid down. Still there was a feeling of safeness that came from knowing she was here, her Alpha would not let anybody else harm her and was very capable of stopping someone who would.

She said nothing but simply watched as she sat down close to her head. Her blue eyes swam for the pain she felt, her labored breathing a give away. Her question was not a surprise and there was no secret to keep any longer, those who had saved her already knew her attacker, and so had she, her own nephew had injured her so gravely, raped and molested her until she was unsure if she would ever be able to give birth or pass waste without intense difficulty again. Her voice was hoarse and quiet, the words and sentences frequently interrupted by her gasping strained breaths, she spoke a mixture of english and Aniwayan, could not focus on one language enough to speak completely in it, and so switched back and forth between the two,

"Councilwoman.. thank you for coming to see me. It means a lot to me." She paused for a bit, trying to get her breath back before speaking again "It was Liam, Councilwoman. My own nephew. He lives in Anathema. He used to live here but... he killed a little girl and escaped. Forgive me, I couldn't fight him off, I was weak.." She tailed off, whimpering to herself.

Messages In This Thread