i search for my slice of solace
[html]
I could watch you for a lifetime
You're my favorite movie
ooc hereWord Count :: 340

The young man felt pity for the kid, how long had it been since she had a good meal? He popped a piece of fish in his mouth and tore the rest of it into small pieces, making sure the bones were out of the way so she couldn't choke on it. Jacinto didn't know how to look after younger ones very well, but he guessed that this was the right path--By offering food and warmth. "Have as much as you like, I'll just get all the bones out. They hurt to swallow. There's more in that stream over there." He grinned happily, finishing off bone-proofing the fish. His ears lay flat on his head in surprise as she sneezed, guessing she was getting a cold. A cold could never kill someone like him, but someone young--Had to be cared for properly. "Bless you." He chuckled afterwards, "Ya sneezed!" He tickled the little girl's belly a little, teasingly and gently.

Then came the story. He was afraid to hear it, turmoil wasn't always nice in your younger years. But he listened, tilting his head at parts and dropping his large ears sympathetically. He had come from a place of pretty much just coyote hybrids, but his dad's cruelty was just so hard to deal with. It was a sad tale strung by the tiny canine, and he found himself quieting in sympathy. "I'm so sorry to hear that..." He patted her tiny head softly, eyes narrowing in sorrow. At her question, he sputtered back confused. How was he to answer that? If Ilusion were here, she'd be able to answer that. "I think...She might've gone to heaven. I'm pretty sure she is...It's a place of paradise and safety--She's probably watching you right now, proud of everything you've done. We'll all go there someday...But until then, your mommy is an angel." He smiled reassuringly, looking up. "She's keeping you safe."

"My dad was a bit of an ass--Oops! Don't repeat that word for a long time. He was a jerk. He was my mom's mate--And then he left her for another woman and all. My older brother, Columbine was our protector. But he got his tattoo ripped off from Dad. See? It's our family tattoo...Our crest I guess. There's lots of my family in many places. But he's got scars now...I just wish I knew how to thank him."

A thousand endings, you mean everything to me

Image courtesy of derekbruff

<style>
.GR2_Jacinto p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Jacinto b {font-family:verdana; color:#612609; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Jacinto {background-color:#eac7a0;  font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#5a2104;  line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4727/atable24.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #5a2104; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Jacinto .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #5a2104; }
.GR2_Jacinto .name {text-align:Right; font-family:Stint Ultra Expanded; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Jacinto .lyrics {color:#94623b; text-align:Right; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Jacinto .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #090c19; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread