i search for my slice of solace
[html]

just so you know, Jacinto can't take her. This is dated back in 2010, and the place he lived at only accepted coyotes and coyote hybrids....

--630 words--

He shouldn't have been hanging out with a wolf pup, by tradition it seemed right to have the species stay away. But he couldn't really say anything however, his blood was mixed with hints of dog and a bit of wolf, but the pack he belonged to seemed to want to thin that out to just coyote. Before the time of possessing the ability to walk on two legs, wolves often massacred the smaller, thinner, and more tricky relatives: the coyotes. So he could feel a bit of apprehension, tail curling behind him as he guessed on what to do. As the ball of fluff spoke again, the man felt him lifting his shoulders in a shrug, not having much to say. I don't  know, I guess it's just what happens sometimes. Natural I guess. Jacinto couldn't say he enjoyed answering her questions about everything, as confusing and unknown to him they were. Most were things he hadn't really given thought to, the peaceful male had never really been much of a scholar. Sure with the guitar, he could strum almost every chord and hit every note with enthusiasm and skill. But the workings of the world? Nuh uh. He should have been getting back soon, finding Helotes or Ilusion. He could see Col growing more dark, more jaded inside. Someday, the young hybrid knew that he might be on the end of the tooth.

He stayed awake sleepily, eyes almost batting closed as he tried to keep from falling asleep. At the moment, he was keeping an eye on the little child. But perhaps tomorrow he had to get moving. His long brown ears pressed back to his head as she asked if she could come home with him, it wasn't possible--But how was he to explain? His skin burned in shame and embarrassment as he tried to fluster up something to say. Then she called him "daddy". Calla, I--I don't think I'm up for that. You see, I'm not gonna make a good father....And the place where I live... He cut off, brushing back his bright colored mane as he attempted to continue. I'm a coyote. You're a wolf....I come from a place that wants to keep coyotes and wolves separate...It wouldn't be safe for you. Jac hated to break the tyke's spirit, but it was the ugly truth. The Lykoi silenced himself, trying to figure out a solution to his problem. Had he provoked this sort of thing? Back in the pack, they'd often come back with wolf hides, or bones. The whole land and borders were decorated with wolf bones and skulls, all painted with crimson swirls. It had never bothered him until now. He listened distractedly as she commented on his father, Perhaps he just did what he could. The world worked out always in different tesselations and patterns, always changing form and color in the happenings. He didn't want to think of the bloody mangled wolf heads, or the fresh pelts skinned right from their backs. He shook his head and said  We can probably figure something out in the morning. But that isn't safe for either of us.

Maybe they'd find a nice traveller, or a wolf woman who would gladly take a small girl. But it wouldn't work in his direction. He thought of his tattoo. Lykoi coyotes usually didn't adopt anyway, blood was important, blood was what kept their pride. And even though Kerberos his father hadn't cared much, he still had the chaos star branded on his heart-side. If he were to have children, they'd have to be of his own blood. Lykoi blood, royalty in a way. Maybe we should get some sleep. We'll have to find someone tomorrow. I'm sorry it had to work out this way, Calla. The young hybrid was truly sorry, hating that he could not take her with him. But he knew, at this age he'd be a horrid father. And with the laws of his group, perhaps her skull would end up mounted on a stake, her own red swirls and dots in what looked like blood...Jac just couldn't think about it. 

<style type="text/css">
.jaccy2c03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c8e2e3; text-shadow:#1c2c2a 1px 1px 2px;}
.jaccy2c03 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.jaccy2c03 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#94c3a5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/d9OC6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #94c3a5; padding:245px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#476351; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.jaccy2c03 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.jaccy2c03 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jaccy2c03 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread