watch the throne
[html]

(530) Well obviously I mind! See how much I wrote? Look at what you made me do. <3

When her mother had led at Sirius’ side, there had been a truer sense of her role as a Queen. Salvia was not like her mother; she was a warrior like her father before her. The gifts of strength, of speed, and of the lightning-fast thoughts that came with the high intelligence gifted to certain wild animals. She had perhaps gotten this from the remnants of her mother’s bloodline, where dog and coyote lingered, where instinct had been allowed to be replaced with the capacity and desire to learn.

One black tipped ear swiveled at the approach, and she turned her head to follow suit. A pale horse was approaching, one she recognized because it had not been bred. She made a note to correct this in the future and then allowed her gaze to trail up to the rider. The coyote woman—Clover—who had been graced with the right to bear trueborn sons to Sirius. Even if they were not officially bonded, it hardly seemed like one could call the woman anything less than Sirius’ mate. She was not his equal, but she was a pretty thing and one who had given him the coyote bloodline that she knew, distantly, drew them together.

Her entire understanding of her bloodline was centralized to those who were closest to her. Lykoi was a whisper, something she recognized as part of her, but she had never sought to embrace it. Therefore her bond to this fair-haired maiden was one based upon Salsola’s concepts and Salsola’s ideas. They were Family, but not one because of simple blood ties. The fact that Sirius saw value in her meant she was worth something, even if it was merely to be another jewel on his arm, another brood mare to produce things of worth. Her place was solidified by his approval. Clover was pretty—of this there was no doubt—and Salvia admired her in the same way she would admire a horse. They were both blonde, but where Salvia was all dead grass and sand; this woman was the deep and rich color of harvest-ready wheat, oak and walnut. It was a smart pairing, she decided, based on looks alone.

Her eyes watched the behavior of the pair, and felt Nacht shift below her to stick his head closer to the mare. He knew her by proximity and, despite his young age, most certainly had the desires and drives of a stallion. A firm hand kept him steady, for Salvia’s breeding plan did not involve him. He was too young to be of much use anyway. At the mention of rain, Salvia spared her own glance to the water. Gray clouds filled the sky, but further in the west they darkened a shade. Her black nose tested the air, taking in the scent of sea-water, fish, the close forest and beyond that, further across the salty air, fresh rain.

“As do I,” she replied, and let her gaze trail back to the pretty woman. “I suspect it will be here by nightfall.” There was a moment of pause. “How fair our young princes?” She asked, if only because she had nothing else to say.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread