[aw: voyage plot] well, treat me like the sea
[html]

I'm back from vacaaaay!

The red robin male only nodded when the books were pried from underneath his arms, and Levent bestowed another grin upon him while he, perhaps not so subtly, glanced at the covers of the tomes and leafed a bit through their pages. It was only when Vasiliy spoke that he looked up again, tail waving idly behind him as if he wasn’t dreading this voyage the Russian had dreamed up. A short speech of sorts was given, at which point Lev wondered if he sounded so foreign when he spoke, and then the question of the elegant ship’s name was up in the air.

The Turkish man offered a very helpful shrug in addition to the other’s negatives, and Vasiliy prattled on about the importance of a name—although what’s the point if it’s going to kill me anyway? So I have a specific word to curse at when I go under? The joke made him crack a grin, though, one a lot more genuine than the constant simpering front he usually presented to the pack.

“Or a Turkish one,” Levent suggested. “Maybe more squeaking.” He folded his hands behind his back—somehow managing to balance the books he still held—and refrained from coming up with a title such as The Dread or Turk’s Coffin or Lady Nope.

He was politely quiet as the dark girl offered her simple names, the female one at the end causing his ears to prick up as he wondered about its meaning, and mulled over further options. He waited a moment, scratching at his jaw while eyeing the shark-grey wolf’s beard, with his cat sitting at his feet.

“I was involved with this prostitute named Nazario in La Spezia, and his girlfriend—” He realized what he was saying and coughed. “Well—Cercatori means ‘seekers,’ doesn’t it? Why don’t we name the boat Seeker? Or something a bit fancier, so it actually says what we’re seeking, although Tradeseeker might be far too obvious.” He pretended Wilson wasn’t laughing at him.

+333

<style type="text/css">
.levbo-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#E5E297; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.levbo-fb t {font-style:italic; color:#E5E297; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.levbo-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.levbo-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #E5E297; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.levbo-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levbo-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#908F5F; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/oBoWy.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread