No promises to keep
[html]
<3
wordcount ► 443

Strel didn't figure that he was being too obtuse. He could swear that he was being clear as day, or would someone of Ahiga's age simply not understand? No, that made no sense at all. He was certain that Ahiga ought to have understood, unless something was really missing. The Dauphin wrinkled his forehead as he peered at the pumice boy, wondering what was absolutely hard to understand. He was surprised that the boy did not push him away, or shove him, or anything. He was surprised he was tolerating this so well, despite the huffing and puffing and yelling. Hopefully no one in Casa would venture nearby and wonder what was going on. "How can you not understand?" he responded, agitation reaching his voice at last. Strel pulled away from his nephew, the annoyance clearly on his face.

"I'm positive that Sebastian is just in it for the fun, not anything else, Ahiga." His voice was low as he stared down his nephew, wondering how to make it clearer. "He is just a man who wants a good lay, and god damn if you're going to pretend otherwise," he said, loudly, not caring if anyone from this pack knew. They had to know, especially Jazper, what kind of man Sebastian had appeared to be. Strel was simply lucky he knew better, was older, and found no interest in a man so blatantly played on his side of the fence. "Sebastian has paintings of men he's been with, and probably men he wishes he had been with. I don't know what he is, but he is definitely not someone you need. Or you'll end up like him," he said bitterly, remembering a time long ago when he was happy for whatever tail he got, too.

The Dauphin let off a loud, rough laugh, sending a hard look at the boy and his stubborn pride. "Bury that pride of yours," he said, voice almost a husky growl. "You will end up dead with that attitude and you'll have only yourself to blame for it." Strel stood back a few paces from the man, looking at the skinnier stomach and chest. Suddenly, he prodded Ahiga there, glaring up at him. "This doesn't look like you're taking care of yourself. I'm not the best hunter around, and I can keep myself fed well on small game easily. What's your excuse?" he asked harshly, before scoffing at the boy. "You can't seem to take care of yourself. Deny it all you want, the proof is here," he added with another jab at his chest.

Photo taken by Fergal of Claddagh. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.strel_01 {padding:255px 0px 5px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... edone2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#2a6d93; border: 1px solid #66bada; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.strel_01 .inner {margin:0 15px; padding: 5px 6px 0px 6px;text-align:justify;}
.strel_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #011e44; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.strel_01 .ooc {text-align:right; color:#001227; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.strel_01 .wc {color:#021d3c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:left; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 10px 5px;}
.strel_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#66bada;}
.strel_01 b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #001227 0px 1px 1px;color:#79BFD8;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread