No promises to keep
[html]
Word Count :: 369 End it with this post, yes?

Home. A concept that he wanted to embrace so badly, the ultimate bait that even he couldn't resist or push away. Was he really going to pack everything and up and leave the pack he'd only recently joined, just because some ex-relative of his showed a moments kindness and offered him a home? Foolishly, it seemed he was. “Home” the voice that spoke the word sounded foreign to him, his own and yet not quite; too soft, to quiet, full of longing and most certainly too agreeable. “I remember it a little” he responded, mind dragging back to the time where war was being raged and yet, funnily enough, his life made a lot more sense back then and his heart held a lot less holes.

Taking in a series of shallow breaths he picked the words from his brain, forming a sentence so slowly may have appeared to have zoned out altogether, but he wanted to word things right, explain that he couldn't leave there and then, that there were things he would take care of first and then he'd come. Unless he changed his mind during the time between now and then, which was fairly probable knowing the lads doubting and self-preserving nature. “I'll need to pack, speak with the leaders here and sort things out” all of which would require time, time which would allow him to think more when he was less emotional and work up. “But i'll come, once I sort everything out i'll come. So you can go back ahead of me, i'll, I, uh, I know my way there.” lame but he believed he'd got his message across well enough and these were not the red-heads lands, so he figured his uncle would allow him to sort things out and trust him a little to stick to his words.

Raising to two paws, unsteadily at first and then with more confidence he rose and made his way over to where Buck had drifted of, grasping the horse's reigns. Mounting he left without looking back, frowning the whole time as he picked apart his thoughts and emotions regarding the matter at hand and the option he had on a silver platter before him.

Photo courtesy of Khevyel

<style>
.KMTT_AhiMirNo p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_AhiMirNo b {font-family:verdana; color:#184b35; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT_AhiMirNo {background-color:#4b9b8e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2299 ... racles.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:347px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d-webkit-border-radius: 185px;
-webkit-border-bottom-right-radius: 10px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 10px;
-moz-border-radius: 185px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomright: 10px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 10px;
border-radius: 185px;
border-bottom-right-radius: 10px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 10px;}
.KMTT_AhiMirNo .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_AhiMirNo .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#347176; font-size:9px; padding:1px 20px 0px 20px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread