[aw] i can feel the color running
[html]
(494) Its all gucci, gurl. <3 And Anatole is so adorkable.

For about half of her life, there had only been two canines in her life, and before joining Inferni, had believed that they were the only people in the world that had matter. Even despite Vesper's distance and her absence due to her lone nature and hunts that fed them, Sparrow had thought of herself close to her more dominant sibling. But, nothing compared to Winter. Her sister may not have thought anything more about their mother than a mother, but the mottled hybrid felt different. Winter was her best friend, the one she could return to when she had stepped on a sharp stone or when she had thought of herself as a nothing compared to the world. She taught her how to be grateful, compassionate, and humble, the qualities that now dictated her personality and what made her what she assumed was a good person.

It nearly destroyed her when she fell beneath Marcel, but she could only interrupt her death as Winter would have wanted: as another lesson, how to be strong when something you care for was taken away from you; she somehow managed to survive under his paws, did she not? Inferni had only steeled this belief, and now she had learned to protect the ones she had grown to love as well. Though she could be standoffish with some of the coyotes, she truly did care for them, even the more hostile ones. She was still learning to cope with her past. She had the help of her sister and a whole clan now, though.

"Okay," she replied as he disappeared into the growth, knowing that he must have been shifting. Sparrow looked back to the eagle as she spoke, and she smiled faintly at the guide, and shook her head, adding, "My pack mates can behave more harshly to me than strangers, so I am used to it. I know he means well." She had heard the soft voice despite the speaker's cold appearance, and she somehow knew that he was attempting to be kind. She went through such a phase when she first joined the clan of brimstone, albeit she acted opposite of him during that time, so it was understandable.

When he came back, she could not help but feel a bit intimated at first by his size. But, moments later she got over it, and handed him the bag went he reached for it. She wanted to object, that she could carry it, but again did not want to offend him, especially when she was being invited into his territory. She stepped after him obediently, though she had to keep herself from smiling as he added a "please" when the eagle had given a look that suggested that he should. "Where are we going--if you don't mind me asking?" she inquired as she glanced around the trees, as if attempting to see some sort of landmark that would hint where Anatole was leading her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread