[aw] i can feel the color running
[html]

totally feel free to keep asking him about his guide; he's just bad at conversation! :3

art by crypsis

Anatole’s face continued to drift to her own, and his pace slowed as to allow them to walk side-by-side, as opposed to him leading. It was peculiar, at first, given his height and greater stride, but soon felt natural. The mention of her riding and carrying her south was met with a bullish snort. What good were horses for if not to carry things around? He hadn’t been too comfortable on his own to consider the ride fun, and was overjoyed to think he had an excuse not to ride (or attempt to) for a few months still.

Instead of sharing these thoughts, he remained quiet. It wasn’t until directly asked that the dark man nodded, shifting the sack from one shoulder to the other. “Most do,” he began. “It is part of this Tribe…she is my guide, though I have been told I’m a lousy student.” A try at humor, dry as it was. He cast a glance skyward, sensing but not seeing the eyes upon him, and shrugged again. The river twisted and Anatole led them further in. There was a thin section obviously used for crossing—it was worn on either side, wide and sandy, flattened by hooves and feet. He took the gentle slope without hesitation, though his steps were light and easy in the water; cautious, even. “These stones can be slick,” he advised, and remained ankle-deep in the cold water, as if expecting her to slip.

<style>
#anatole-fullbody {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#anatole-fullbody p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#anatole-fullbody p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#anatole-fullbody .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#anatole-fullbody .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#anatole-fullbody b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#anatole-fullbody u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#anatole-fullbody b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread