Deception is the game
[html]
Word Count :: 341hope you don't mind the pp of her taking the cat from him c:

The man offered her an arm, and the gypsy woman happily took it. The reins were transferred from one hand to the other, so that the mare would stand next to Isabella, or rather following behind her obediently. She let her delicate fingers rest lightly on his forearm as she walked beside him, careful to let her hips come close to brushing against him. Her smiles were false, but it did not seem like the man knew it, and if he knew it, he didn't care. Those were truly the best kind of man, that didn't mind the falseness and enjoyed what they got. What luck that she could deal with this man as a trader rather than a hard handed fool. "I'd be interested in finding an animal or two for my home," she said with sweetness, keeping the location vague. "What animals do you have to offer me, monsieur?"

The Arte man stopped abruptly and the moment the woman was afraid he was going to show her jewelry. She peered at the blanket and noted the few pretty baubles she saw there, and the little creature sitting among the valuables. The man slipped from her hold and picked up the kitten, and tucked it against his chest. Isabella peered at the animal and mewled at her as she met it's yellow gaze. She reached a hand to put the little thing, and it took her touch warily. Of course she was a stranger and she would not trust anyone eager to pet her either. "May I?" she asked with a brief flick of her eyes up to the man, before pulling the kitten from his hold. The creature struggled a bit, but settled as she pressed it against her chest, cooing softly. It was like a child. Ducky's reins were tight in her hand, and the other clung to the cat. "It's precious..," she said gently, wondering if the cat was owned or she could trade for it. "Lead the way, good monsieur."

Photo courtesy of john curley. Table by Kitty.

<style>
.KMTT24611_IsaDance1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_IsaDance1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#2e423d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_IsaDance1 {background-color:#bcb483; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6978 ... aheiwa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:363px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_IsaDance1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_IsaDance1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread