Breaking and Mending
Hadley got into position and Mihael took the same initiative. The white wolf took himself around the deer so he could easily reach the leg without getting in the way of the other wolf. He waited for Hadley to straighten the broken leg and positioned one stick under the mangled leg. He wrapped the strip once around that stick to keep it in place and put the other stick on top of the leg. He wrapped the whole contraption in the strip until there was only just enough left to tie it off. He wiggled the hidden sticks to test how wobbly they were, and pleasantly found that the splint would probably last until he got back to his pack. He let go of the deer’s leg and stood himself back up.

”That’s all I can do for him now. That’ll keep everything in place. I think I might take him back to my pack…help him get better. Then maybe eat him.” He laughed.

Mihael found himself shocked that he had forgotten to thank the man who had helped him make the splint and hold the deer. He looked over at the other man and smiled. ”Thank you by the way, I think I’d had to have just put him down if you hadn’t showed up…and that isn’t one of my favorite pastimes.”

Messages In This Thread