Sailing Joys
[html]

out of character

The dark-furred girl looked uncertain after his blunt statement and recoil from her touch, and the look on her face when he ranted flooded him with guilt. His emotions were heightened and quick-changing due to the stress on his body, mind, and heart, but he was still ashamed of spooking her and quickly adopted a submissive, apologetic posture to show this. Maybe he shouldn’t have come on this stupid trip after all; it wasn’t worth the benefit if he was going to destroy relations with his own pack in attempting to provide for it. He wondered how Wilson even put up with him, although the cat’s amber gaze was only gentle and understanding when he looked at him.

“I do,” Levent confirmed tiredly, sitting up again but remaining hunched over and miserable-looking. He was glad that no one else other than this child could see him right now, especially after his demonstration of an outgoing, careless individual. “I needed to—I needed to come, though. Being a merchant was my trade even in my old country, and I want to benefit d’Arte with it. And I… I probably need to get over the whole boat thing anyway. Sometimes the best way to overcome your fears is to just expose yourself to them until you calm down—well, it all sounds like saçmalık now, but maybe it works.”

He cleared his throat and tried to give her a friendly look, even if his cream brows drew together in a pinched, worried expression despite his smile. “I’m sorry about the fuss. I’m Levent Kartal, and you… You smell like one of the Wolfe-Denahlii children.” Or so he thought; despite meeting one of said children and the scarred, intimidating matriarch of the family, he wasn’t entirely familiar with them. He supposed that meeting new pack mates while trapped on a boat with them was another benefit of the voyage.

+316

<style type="text/css">
.levcurl-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#4d90de; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.levcurl-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.levcurl-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #4d90de; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.levcurl-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.levcurl-fb {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#000106; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hh3wS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #727e93; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#727e93; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread