Then I'll follow you into the dark
[html]

Word Count → 371

Father smiled at him. Hati felt a glimmer of optimism shining through his anxious haze. "Absolutely," he agreed, smiling modestly in return. He had no reason to be nervous, though he had to keep telling himself that. He expected stern judgment, to hear that he was disappointing his family in some way. It was his greatest insecurity that he simply could not measure up to expectations. Always comparing himself to his brother, always coming up short. It was an awkward age for him, trying to find individuality and independence. It didn't seem like his siblings were struggling with adolescence at all; why was it so easy for them to be themselves?

Hati blinked in surprise, turning to meet his sire's powerful emerald gaze. "I... Are you sure you want me?" he asked uncertainly, wondering if Vigilante might prefer the sunnier presence of Lottie or Skoll. He would not be very offended if this were the case; it already seemed to be common knowledge among the littermates that they got along better with their father while Hati remained closest to their mother. But he regretted voicing this almost immediately, because it seemed churlish to turn down the rare offer. The dog King was always so busy, defending their borders and organizing their pack. What little free time he had was doled out to his mate first, and then his children if they had need of him. Hati could not remember the last time he had spent an evening with just his father. Perhaps they never had.

He tucked his ears back apologetically, letting his blue gaze drop to his paws. "That is to say... I've never gone fishing either, and I wouldn't mind trying it out..." His tail thumped lightly against the grass, feeling very small and subservient in the presence of the King. He racked his mind, trying to recall if he had read anything about fish before -- was sunset a good time to find them in the ocean? Would they need tools, or would they try to catch them in their jaws? "At least the water will be cold," he added shyly. It would be nice to splash around and cool off, even if they failed to catch anything.

<style>
.razti-02 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yBMKD.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c6d1df; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:380px 0px 5px 0px; color:#575b61; font-family:garamond, serif; font-size:16px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #575b61;}
.razti-02 b {color:#181a36; text-shadow:#575b61 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razti-02 p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.razti-02 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:15px;}
.razti-02 .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #181a36; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; font-size:13px;}

</style>
Table by Raze!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread