Filling Pain
[html]
(--) WC: 405/ OOC: Yes eclipse is comparing healing to cooking because she's that good!

She did as she instructed. Eclipse knew she wasn’t all that heavy she was a few pounds over one hundred far less than many others and it felt good to get support and get off her foot. She hobbled beside him in quiet pain as he led her to a chair in his kitchen. She looked around in wonder and smiled a little. The kitchen for her tended to be a place of cooking, not healing, but she would let her amusement be kept by herself.

She winced as he took her ankle and she looked at him through watering eyes; “Um... a day old at least? I was in Halifax when i stepped in glass...” She said taking deep breaths trying to tell herself the pain wasn’t so bad. She gave him a small smile and said; “I am Eclipse, Eclipse Soulstorm.” She said looking down at her infected foot to see what he made of it. Then at Taliesin, who she only knew by name because of others around speaking of the healer and she put two and two together. She watched as he whistled a tune. It was as if he were cooking too, with the kettle and then instead of spices he was using medical herbs. She knew nothing about those but she couldn’t help but smile at the thought. That it looked so much like cooking.

She took the items he gave her, and stared at them. They didn’t look very tasty and she winced as she drank. It was a sweet thing, sweeter than she was use to and though it was better than being bitter or gross it still made her think it was a bad concoction of cooking. She put that away in her mind as she put the cup down and grabbed onto the chair when he eased her foot into the salted water. She sucked in her breath; “That hurts!” She exclaimed through clenched teeth.. It did, more like a hundred stinging bees in the same spot over and over again, but she refused to move. Soon it became a dull numb pain and she let herself relax. With that relaxation she could feel the sedative work and she nodded her head; “I- I do feel sleepy...” Her mind whirled at the thought of a plant putting a wolf to sleep. It was uncanny.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]

Messages In This Thread