Filling Pain
It wasn't a bad wound, it was the infection he needed to stave off. "Next time you cut your foot, stop and clean it immediately. Even just running water over. Germs cause infection." His face was mock stern, but he was serious. "Bad infections can lead to the need for an amputation, and that would hurt much worse than what I'm about to do." He lifted the foot onto his knee, which was padded by a clean towel. He had lit a candle, and now had several different blades, and what looked like a flattened spoon. He started with his fingers, though, which he'd rinsed in the salty water her foot had been soaking in.

"Here we go. Let me know if you start to feel nauseated. The ginger that was in your tea will help with the nausea some, but I can't always prevent it." He took a deep breath. Blood he could deal with. Birthing he could handle. Pus for some reason, made him feel ill. He took a thumb on either side of the wound and pressed. Immediately, yellow pus came out, wetting his thumbs. He wiped them on the towel, dipped them in the water, and pressed again like a teenaged human would have pressed on a zit. He swallowed hard as more pus oozed out, less than before. Again, he repeated the actions of wiping his thumbs clean and dipping them into the salted water. Pressing one more time, he didn't get any more pus. He let out a sigh of relief, then slowly eased the foot back into the water. With the wound opened and drained, the salt would help clean it better. He'd let it soak a little bit, attempt to drain it again, then slather a salve on it and bandage it.

"How you feeling Eclipse?"

Messages In This Thread