Tamed for the Hell of it
[html]
Word Count :: 560Ah, well that's alright then.

Her face as she looked up very nearly made Baird snort with laughter, but he reined it in, not wanting to offend the female. He had given her a polite nod and moved away, holding his arm out for Gelar. Her 'thank-you' made him smile, but her strange humming noise got his attention, he flicked his ears back and turned his head a little to see the black and white woman hurrying towards him. His verdant eyes flicked down to the knife held loosely in her hand and a second of panic stole over him before he realised that she wasn't going to attack him. He felt his heart pound in his chest, and his own paw moved slightly towards his bone dagger. He stopped the movement as he watched her stop a few paces away, her apology making him smile. He shrugged his shoulders, "No Worries. I'm sure I can track 'em, taking down a young'un shouldn't too much of a challenge." He said, rolling his eyes slightly as he revealed his inability to hunt the larger prey that a wolf obviously could. She then offered to cut him off a hunk of meat from her kill. His eyes flicked up to hers, looking fir any sign of falsehood or scorn, he would not stand being humiliated by a wolf because he was smaller and foreign, but he saw no such emotion, only genuine concern.

Baird was about to offer a sarcastic comment about his own ability to hunt but a sharp set of canine teeth sank into his finger and an indignant chirrup came from Pan. He looked down and saw one of the little pups hanging onto his finger and Pan looking at her pup with pride in her chocolate eyes. The dingo sighed and stuck his tongue out at Pan it seemed that his quoll companion wanted him to work on his sarcasm. He looked up at the wolf who had gone to town on the dead animals leg with her knife, "That'd be bonzer." He said, sparing a glance for Pan, watching as she nodded in approval, he felt a grin slip across his slender muzzle.

Her next question made his grin wider, he was always happy to talk about home. "Ah, The Lucky Country herself." He looked up through the canopy of the trees, the sun shining bright on his yellow fur. "Australia is where I call home, but I'm on Walkabout. I heard about this place where Two-legs and Four-legs all lived together, so here I am." He revealed his reasons for being in Nova Scotia, the words reaffirming his own resolve to stay in the cold country instead of running back to Oz with his tail between his legs. The flap of wings and the brush of disturbed air against his ears alerted him to Gelars presence seconds before the bird landed atop his head. "I suppose it helps that I bought a bit of Oz with me." He chuckled, tickling Gelar under his beak and flipping the cover of his bag open to reveal Pan and the two pups. He looked up at the female, "So, you part of a pack? I've come across one pack already." He thought back over his first days in this country, and his meetings with Grace and Andara, both of a new and seemingly strong pack; Vinatta.

Photo courtesy of pierre pouliquin

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#f7f4a2; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 {background-color:#7e3826; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3848/bairdbyrne2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:358px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread