Tamed for the Hell of it
[html]
Word Count :: 351 Very late ending post. I'll archive this now. Nice threading with you!

Baird chuckled as she complimented his looks, he bowed his head and smiled at her, "Why thank you, you ain't so bad looking yerself." It was only friendly flirting, polite compliments between two new acquaintances, he wasn't searching for a mate just yet. Yet he wasn't lying when he said she was good looking, he had been immediately struck by the dual tones of her fur, her friendly personality just adding to what he found attractive.

He watched as she bustled about preparing to leave, he thought of doing so himself and reached out a handpaw for the quoll pups, they scrambled onto his dark pad and huddled together, their bellies full and their little heads filled with ideas of sleep. He gave each of then a nuzzle before slipping them back into the bag. He looked down at Pan, the mother quoll happily licking her lips while padding over to the bag as well. He stroked her head once and held the bag open for her.

He looked up, ears pricking as Axelle let the word 'tribe' slip from her maw, he hummed in agreement. Her words of goodbye made him nod, "I think I'll try and get back here someday, mayhap we'll meet again. I'll look forward to that day." He nodded a farewell to her in response to her dipped head. He felt a little guilty as he watched her drag the carcass away, the body looking very heavy and unwieldy, but he knew that she would manage. He had his own food to haul, very charitably cut from the big kill. He stood and looked at his two elk legs, unsure of how he was going to carry them, he was big for a dingo but was still much smaller than a wolf. He sighed and heaved one of the legs up over his shoulder, the weight quite a bit more than he was used to carrying. He stooped to grab the other leg, his fingers wrapping around the ankle joint, he sighed as he realised he'd have to drag it, leaving a trail of gore in his wake.

Photo courtesy of pierre pouliquin

<style>
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#f7f4a2; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 {background-color:#7e3826; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3848/bairdbyrne2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:358px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_BBHands1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread