tea for two
She was sipping some of the hot tea when Skye spoke and coughed as the surprise she felt caused her to suddenly inhaled some of it by accident. Patting herself on the sternum with one paw she lowered her cup to the table with the other and coughed a few times more. When she was sure she was not going to cough again she looked up at Skye a mixture of surprise and elation on her face, and she reached over to grasp the Captina's hand,

"That's very good news. We always need new life, to look to the future, the future will always be bright if he do." It was something her mother had often said, youth were the future and their entire world. Suddenly her old customs came back to her and she got to her feet quite suddenly and looked about herself, she was so rude to sit there drinking tea when the Alpha carried children inside of her. Oh how her mother would scold her for being so rude. Her poor mother... now appearing even more sad Jace began to shuffle about the kitchen searching for something and occasionally telling Skye to remain seated and that she wouldn't be long in her search.

She found what she was searching for with a small sigh of relief, it was a few strips of smoked meat, a paltry snack at best but it was the most she could find in her home. Custom dictated it should be food found within her own home and not brought from outside for the occasion, that much had been clear. Jace had never performed such a custom for the Alpha she had served under because of the lead female's infertility but she knew how it was supposed to go. She sat back down and arranged the strips in a precise arrangement, that would no doubt be meaningless to Skye, in fact this entire thing would be meaningless but Jace would not forget the teachings of her home,

She struggled to translate the ancient saying into a language that Skye could understand and where she failed the first time, she said it again right, "Inkila... Alpha. Kanyana... I come with good will. From the Olnayni.. the snow and from the Trongla.. the air and from the Earth too. I give you this gift, this food from my Ingali.. my home, of my Tingla... my family. So that you and yours Khina... your children may grow strong." She finished the saying with a small bow of her head and gesture that Skye take and eat the food she had offered.

Messages In This Thread