tea for two
[html]
whee

Only when Skye took her first bite did Jace relax suitably back into their earlier pleasantness. No doubt she had wierded Skye out completely with her seemingly strange behavior. Now that she had finished the offering ritual did she see how silly it would look to an outsider. Jace was not stupid and knew that Skye would have no clue as to the meaning of all her posturing so she hastened to explain,

"Forgive my strangeness, it's a custom native to my tribe. In my birth pack when the Inkila, the Alpha discovers that she's pregnant its celebrated in this way. She travels around the pack to each family's tent or hut and she is offered food from the home as a gift to help her and her children stay healthy. Her children are given the best chance of surviving in the entire pack for they are the most important of all although not always do her children succeed her, sometimes others are more fitting of the role." Jace seemed far away as she explained the cultural concepts behind the funny offering, "It is an ancient tradition, going back to before we even gained the ability to walk upright and have hands. I didn't want to be the one to break tradition.. even... even so far away from my home."

She was sad looking now, a mighty warrior brought low by her condition and then cut by matters of the heart and soul.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread