the greatest illusion in this world
[html]

yup yup, edited it in :>

It would be wise to know a woman like Siv Helsi for what she was. Isabella was the closest thing she had to an equal, but their talents were meant for opposing venues. Isabella could control the body, and Siv the soul—it was inevitable they be united yet remain divided. This helped Salsola’s function as a whole. While the dog soothed the King’s body, the wolf slowly tightened her grip on his spirit. Even if Sirius did not believe (and Siv doubted this, in the depths of her heart) he knew better than to underestimate the gods. Not after what she had shown him, many long nights ago.

The woman’s name was musical but otherwise meant nothing. Siv watched her look upon the armor, as modified as it was, and imagined she saw approval there. There was something telling about her work, even if this was not it—she certainly considered her own armor far better made, though she had been focused on so many other things that her projects had stalled some.

“I was,” she offered, but did not elaborate. “My name is Siv. I heard of your home…heard that your people keep to the old gods.” A pointed look came, searching, daring to hope.

<style>
#siv-thor {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siv-thor p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siv-thor p.siv-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#siv-thor .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#siv-thor .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siv-thor b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siv-thor u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siv-thor b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread