[aw] udugigvdi ale gvgeyui
[html]
Man, trying to get used to this talky kid again. ;__; /+344

Unatsi could not stand silences, which accounted for most of his ramblings. He would speak to fill the air with words, and as his speech went on, it began to lose meaning. Sometimes he had to just hear himself talk to remind himself that he was alive, as insane as that sounded—and was, he had to admit. Udanvti, on the other hand, was perfectly fine with being quiet and listening, as she urged him to stop and do dozens of times. It was hard, though, but he strained his brown ears and waited to see if this Tribeswolf would reject him like so many others.

The grey-gold stranger spoke at last, with an accent that was decidedly not Cherokee. It was understandable enough, Unatsi guessed, but he nodded eagerly as the other offered the compromise: simply asking if he needed explanation. Some of his self-consciousness lifted, and he guessed it’d be okay if he asked to hear the other repeat his words if he couldn’t understand his accent. Or—well, he’d probably not take that much of a risk. It was only his first week, after all. Mustn’t rush into things, or get too comfortable.

“Nice to meet you, Anatole,” the red wolf said, testing whether or not he could get the name right. His mind caught up with the other’s words, and he grinned in pleased surprise. “A Waya Agateno, huh? I guess I was under the impression there weren’t any Skilled or Master ranks around here—uh, not that I don’t think you AniWayans are up to it, and I’m sure you’re all a hell of a lot better than I am, generally speaking, but since this place is new, and you’re all—you’re all different,” he blurted, flattening his ears nervously. “It’s not… It’s not like home. I mean, it is, enough, but… I really need help finding my feet around here.”

He went silent again, swallowing back more words. Unloading all his problems on the first random ally he ran into was not going to make him popular here.

<style type="text/css">
.unowdeer-ooc {font-size:9px; line-height:12px; padding:3px; font-style:italic;width:90%; max-width:700px; margin:0 auto; text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.unowdeer {margin:0 auto; background:#fff url(http://i.imgur.com/qiS6y.png) no-repeat top; width:98%; max-width:700px; border:1px solid #68472c; color:#000;}
.unowdeer .in {margin:300px 15px 5px 15px; padding:7px; font-family:arial; font-size:12px; background:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); text-align:justify;}
.unowdeer p {margin:0;p adding:0; text-indent:30px;}
.unowdeer b {color:#68472c; font-family:georgia;}
.unowdeer b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread