'cause all my credentials were lies
[html]
Word Count :: 398 It was not nonsense. >Big Grin

Levent conversed easily with Grace, hesitating only a second before she welcomed him into the territory; they would have to cut past the Vináttan village to reach the stables, she’d mentioned. What he could see of said village looked extremely charming; the houses were built into the hills in places, and the whole place felt like it belonged in an English storybook. He half expected for a dragon to come flying overhead and cause the place to deflagrate.

It wasn’t too much longer before they reached the stables, however. He made small talk with some of the stalled horses until Grace led a gorgeous paint mare out. His jaw slackened at the sight of her white-splashed hide and the blue eye peering curiously at him, and he was barely audible when he mumbled a horsey greeting to her, coming up to make friends and offer her his scent. When it seemed like she wouldn’t try to trample him into the ground, he began to poke about her, although he doubted a gorgeous creature such as this was lamed. She seemed well-cared for, on the contrary, and he was beginning to wonder if he was lucking out on this bargain.

At that point, Mai decided she had enough of him where she couldn’t see him, and she reached around to give him a nip.

“Bu sadece bizim ilk tarihi, bayan,” Levent reprimanded, adding a few words that the horse could actually understand. He didn’t mind, though, and decided that a horse with a tendency to favor her teeth was worth an adorable kitten and some garlic paper. He threw Grace an amused look to show that he wasn’t mad, until Grace looked up and greeted a pair of newcomers.

Levent turned, already falling into his usual careless posture as his usual merchant’s smile leaped to his lips. A slim, somewhat ’yotish dark she-wolf and her handsome brindle dog companion stood there, and he bowed to them immediately. “I do,” he said in answer to the dreadlocked woman, before smiling at the newcomers. “Would any of that interest you, milady? You’re a cartographer?” He blinked and grinned, showing a few more of his teeth. “Excuse me, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Levent Kartal, a merchant from Cercatori d’Arte, which is in the south; we’ve sailed over to trade.” His accent was strong, his gestures colorful, just as he liked.

Photo courtesy of john curley

<style>
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 b {color:#50644e; font-size:11px; font-family:georgia;}
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 b.npc {font-style:italic; color:#666;}
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 {background-color:#eaebe1; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/7641 ... kartal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:340px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread