'cause all my credentials were lies
[html]
Word Count :: 391 It was not nonsense. >Big Grin

The young, dark wolf seemed less than thrilled about the situation, whatever this situation truly was, but Levent did not let on that he noticed. He only grinned his usual flamboyant grin, taking his eyes off the newcomers to bade Grace farewell and give her a friendly tip about the kitten. When he looked back to the wolf hybrids, he noticed a lynx circling around her ankles. Much of him wished to get to the feline’s level and talk to it, completely interested, but he knew that trading was more important than building a friendship with someone’s pet.

The other Vináttans introduced themselves as Nahyt and Hael Savin, apparently siblings. Levent resisted the urge to lift a brow at that claim. He knew that hybrid blood could show itself in many ways, but the pair looked starkly different from each other, and he was more than a little dubious. Maybe they were adopted. It was none of his business, however, and he only dipped his head in acknowledgment.

Nahyt spoke quietly and shortly, while Hael seemed more forthcoming with his speech, so Levent directed his smiles there. That, and his British accent was music to his ears; it reminded Lev of the city he’d called home for much of his life, and his mother, and Wilson too, of course.

“I have many writing supplies with me,” Levent answered. He kept a hand on the mare’s lead as he spoke, ever mindful of her, his movements slower and more careful now that her former owner had left. “Garlic paper, paintbrushes, and other wooden tools too.” He gestured to the bundle he’d managed to bring with him, all in his satchel, trusting them to pick it up; he didn’t want to risk Mai running off when he’d just gotten her.

He had an idea of what he might want in return, too, and his smile softened a bit as he looked at the young woman. “Maybe I could have one of your maps in return, if any of this interests you? I might need something else depending on how much you want and what’s in the map, but as a start?” It was more gentle bargaining than he was used to back in Europe, but he already knew the culture of these western pack wolves would force him to relearn how to haggle.

Photo courtesy of john curley

<style>
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 b {color:#50644e; font-size:11px; font-family:georgia;}
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 b.npc {font-style:italic; color:#666;}
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 {background-color:#eaebe1; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/7641 ... kartal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:340px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_LevCat1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread