The Bees Need A Home, Too
[html]

OOC here: 568

His fur was prickling and his head turned suddenly as he was almost certain that he saw something move in the gloom. The feeling of being watched magnified several fold. His golden eyes swept the grey scaled buildings looking for whoever it was that was watching them. It took a lot to unnerve the otherworldly child of the arctic goddess but he was so disturbed that he was almost twitchy, it was maybe a good thing then that he had a weapon clenched in his left hand and his beloved bleached bow, its quiver of arrows with their colorful feathers tied to his back.

The building Temo pointed to looked about the same as any other they had passed and Honrin saw nothing that would distinguish it from the rest but maybe that's what his father was going to. 'It's as good as any other.' He had the same short way with words that Temo did. The coming night was arriving fast and they had not much food left from their long trek so he opted to leave Temo to hunt for anything that the city offered to weary travelers. 'I'll go see what i can find, I'll be back soon.' With that the taller boy lumbered off to be swallowed up by the gloom.

He soon lost his father's scent and sound and scoured the nearby blocks, traversing the ruined gutted wrecks of the cars that had stopped when their owners had died. Some still had skeletons in them which he found morbidly fascinating. Suddenly the lights dashed about, a warning and he hear a series of gentle clicks, he was being followed. Silently the boy swerved off to the side and hid in the murky gloom behind some old trashcans, their height hiding him.

The stranger's footsteps echoed in the emptiness and soon came upon his hiding place, the person, a male, didn't notice him though and he shifted around to the other side before launching himself at his follower. The male, who was dark brown had time to yelp out once before Honrin ploughed into him and took him to the ground. In the stillness the yelp carried much farther than it would have in the forest. Honrin thrust his snarling jaw towards the other male's throat, his words hissed and vicious'Who are you! Why are you following me!'

The stranger babbled, obviously scared by his attack. Honrin saw what he had knocked out of the stranger's paws,it was a long bladed knife that was covered in a greenish substance, no doubt a poisoned blade from a coward who snuck up on people. 'Shut up!' The brown man closed his mouth and Honrin bounced to his feet, picking up the knife as he went and holding it securely, he knew how to use it in a fight.. 'Get out of here now, if I find you anywhere near my camp, i'll kill you and leave your body for the crows. ' The sneaking thief didn't hesitate, just turned tail and ran.

The oppressive watched feeling dissipated as Honrin continued his hunt and manged to catch a few rats that had grown fat and lazy off of mankind's downfall. Carrying his small catch by their tails Honrin walked back the remembered way to the unremarkable building Temo had picked out. He pushed his way in and followed Temo's scent until he found him,

'I found dinner and who was following us.'

Honrin Wolfe-Denahlii
<style>
.dandl .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.dandl-header {font-size:25px; text-align:left; padding:10px 20px; font-family: "monotype corsiva", sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; color:#6BC2FF; text-shadow:#152734 0px 0px 5px;}
.dandl p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.dandl b {color:#041386; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.dandl {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... dark-1.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#57AAE5; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.dandl-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.dandl .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread