Lands End
[html]
(536) ...Right when I started typing this, that Switchfoot song started playing. [/clutches her feels]

He rarely hunted with others, if not at all, and in the company of another, he felt terribly pushed to hunt and catch. It could be said that he was pressured, but he'd never admit that was the case. He was a calm person, and did not allow himself to indulge in being swayed by others, or at least he convinced himself of that.

He grumbled as he laid upon the bush for a few moments more. Filling his need to mope about his lost prey, he slowly began to leave his spot on the bush, but suddenly stopped as a thin slash of air flashed by his nose. He saw the fleeting figure briefly before it shot into the underbrush where the rabbit went, and his eyes quickly and curiously followed after it. Pained squeaks of the prey could be heard, and it only took him a second to turn around to see Eclipse with her bow drawn to realize that she fired an arrow. Right by his nose. Without a pause, he scrambled away from the undergrowth before the woman could dock another arrow, though it did not seem another arrow would be needed.

"You nearly shot me!" he cried in disbelief when he was able to find his voice. He would have went on about how she should not be using such things when it could hurt somebody, like poking eyes out and cutting off noses, but she spoke before he could rant on. "I was not rushed," he grumbled childishly as he slumped to sit on his haunches, though his posture was straight, "And I would have caught it if it where not for that bush. If it was not for that variable, I would have a meal and no endangerment of my nose."

He fell silent as Eclipse waddled through the undergrowth and bent down to collect her game. He heard the subtle crack, and the lack of movement that once echoed around the bushes. He did not mind it much, since it was prey and the fact he was still fussing over that his dignity was wounded. He listened as she showed off her catch, and snorted at her flashiness, but at least kept himself from complaining even more.

But, he did hear her words about not being rushed, and tried to pretend he was alone--not in spite, since he liked her company despite what she was putting him through--as he began to sniff around for more prey. It was not until he stepped a bit away from the small clearing did he find another trail, and followed it at a mild but careful pace. A couple of minutes passed, and he finally slowed as he spotted what he had been tracking. A grouse was leisurely pecking at the ground for insects, the bird far less aware than the nervous rabbit had been.

Robert froze when he was two yards away, and just crouched there for a minute. He became still aside for the fact of his moving sides to show that he was breathing. His eyes were locked on the prey, and by then he had forgotten about Eclipse, so he waited without feeling rushed for the right moment.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread