Lands End
[html]
(395)

"Really? What's its called--the herb that you use?" He had probably never heard it before, and that's why it interested him. Though he was not a cook nor a herbalist in the slightest, he had read much about plants, and having looked at most of everything that was able to be found with Cercatori's borders, his curiosity was peaked.

He continued to frown even further as he shot back an embarrassed, "I know!" He ate raw often, but he did not know if she found it disgusting or not, and he was confused how to reply without offending her. But, caution was tossed to the wind when he was yet again shamed. He crossed his arms over his chest, which was awkward since he held the waistcoat and the few books as well, and huffed as he steamed over how idiotic he was being.

He only cooled down when they entered her house, and the other night's conversation was brought up. He attempted to make some sort of smile, but it only came out halfhearted, yet it was better than nothing. "Don't think I took that personally, miss Eclipse. I already told you that I understand how its like, so there is no need for the air of apology." He left it at that, the whole topic making him remember less than pleasing memories. He wanted a change of pace, so when she mentioned the pelt, he was quick to dive into it.

"Sure, I could always use another pelt. And, I can use the tail feathers of the grouse as quills. I have been running low on them, anyway, and I'd rather not use my swan ones. Those are really rare to by." With that, after she was finished with taking out the meat from the bird, he lifted himself from his seat and began to pluck the feathers that were left. He worked in silence as Eclipse started to cook the meats, and soon the overwhelming smell was fading away, being replaced by the various elements she was putting on the rabbits and grouse.

When he removed all the usable feathers, he turned and leaned against the counter, watching the woman work for a moment. "It smells good," he commented with a ghost of a grin on his face, and he tried to take a peak at it without moving him his spot.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread