Risks of letting go
[html]

He was afraid to say he missed Crimson Dreams. So much had happened in such a short span of time that the male had desired peace and quite afterward the disbandment, and the Cider House had provided. And provided well. He had spent his energy pushing away the feelings of longing for the pack, to help his mother and to help himself transition into the life of loners. And maybe to help Cassia too. He moved from sadness to determination, set on moving on. To miss Crimson Dreams was to fall backwards. But it was impossible to squelch the feelings and he was having trouble continuing to deny them as well.

Tore bay eyes watched. They caught her as she looked away, taking in her thoughtfulness as she spoke in answer to his question. Yes. He felt relief that he was not alone in the discontent. Her words now confirming it. As she spoke it he felt the hurt that hearing the name of their last home brought, but he did not let the sting reach his outer shell.

Silence filled the gap between them when she finished speaking, and then Oak finally nodded. I miss it too. He admitted, the denial falling away like a silk-thin veil. They deserved more, they all did. Every wolf that had come to Berwick needed a retreat from the pack, but now he felt the time to return to the natural desire for the pack had come. It had been set so deeply in them, written in their blood.

He thought of Lilin, and the joy she exuded when she spoke of her home. He had been that wolf once. The air of pride surrounding him when he had called himself a Dreamer. I don’t know if I could leave my mother, I am unsure if she would want to go anywhere… If we found a place. The true trouble came to the surface unexpectedly. But of course it had been bubbling like a rolling boil since he felt the need to find a pack.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread