forever in the dark
[html]

As the doors were pried open a beam of light slowly spread across the floor, just out of reach of the Redblade, whom squinted into the light as two dark figures descended into his prison. The first was the meek man, a beige and black wolf whom had stood to the side the day before. Behind him emerged the lady he had thrown across the storage room when he was being chained, a petite rag-doll garbed in woody brown and black with touches of grey. He felt shame as from before wash over him, a protective twinge eliciting along his spine for her as she shuffled forward, hesitant.

“I will not,” he assured, reaching out a large black hand for her to place the waterskin. “I was disoriented--and you were chaining me--it was reflex and nothing more m'lady.” Kargek would never go out of his way to hurt a woman and the fact he had bruised this petite angel resonated within him as a horrible crime.

Glancing over suspiciously toward the other male he accepted the water skin in his hand gently when it was finally offered to him, then with a great tilt of his head guzzled greedily at the soothing liquid. He did not pause for some time, only stopping with a great breath when the skin was left a quarter full. “Thank-you,” he said to the girl with a slight nod of his head, voice breathy but returning quickly to its normal deep rumble, just then noticing the rabbit tucked beneath her arm though he made no move to make mention of it. “It would be nice to know where I am and why I was chained,” he suggested casually, trying to get answers out of the girl, brown and hazel gaze shifting to the man as well to see if he might finally speak up.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread