i'll make a man out of you
[html]
poor robert xD

She was pleased at how fast he had come to the door - although he was not her strongest or most motivated offspring, he was still loyal and willing to help, which were wonderful virtues in of themselves. However, he still needed to know how to fight - there was no getting around that.

Without a word, she handed him the knife, the handle pointing towards him. As she waited for him to take it - she was sure that he might simply stand there in shock for a moment before doing so - she began to explain to him the reasoning for her being there;

"I know you don't like it," she said, "but you need to learn to fight, and to defend yourself. There is no way around that." She spoke the truth - although he was usually within the pack, reading or otherwise doing minor chores, he could not always have the pack protect him, even if he and his mother wished otherwise. One day he may be attacked, and without any wit about him, he would not last long.

"Some rely on brute strength to win," she said, slowly making her way to the forest, pausing so that Robert would follow. "Others - myself included - use a little wit to win their battles. Wit, speed, agility, and resourcefulness - if you find yourself overpowered in a fight, those are the things you need to be able to rely on to win." She then turned towards him, her eye on him, waiting for him to speak.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread