Chivalry isn't dead, it's just sleeping
He held her hand gently but firmly, guiding her to the warmth and comfort of his tattered bedroll. A sad thing, with patches here and there, but still serviceable. It wasn't often he had a lady to fret over after all, especially not a pregnant one. The women of the clan had been far more interested in the other warriors, not a one of them would spare even a moment for the half-breed. His hand ghosted to her back to support her as she sat, careful not to linger overlong. "I was taught to be a gentlemen." He shrugged. "Especially in the presence of women such as yourself."

The sword he withdrew slowly, wrapping his fingers gently around the blade as he turned the hilt towards her. The steel shone like polished silver, glinting in the light of the dying fire. "You know, I'm not quite sure..." He murmured, contemplative. "It's er...also called a longsword, or a hand-and-a-half sword, mostly because of the hilt, I think." He motioned towards the leather wrapped handle. Long enough to be wielded with two hands, while still favorable for one-handed swordsmansip. "Human knights favored them, and I think I know why. They're quite versatile."

Her mention of the warrior pack caught his attention like no other. "They accept almost anyone? As in...? I mean would someone, like me, would they accept me?" He was hesitant to hear the answer, but the woman's pack sounded almost ideal if they were willing to take a bastard half-breed like himself, that was. His hazel eyes were sheepish as he looked over her face.

"Oh sure, they pretend to like you and then as soon as you go to ride them, Bam! You're eating dirt." His hands moved animatedly as he explained. "At least that's my experience." He glanced at Brynn with a frown.

Messages In This Thread