Chivalry isn't dead, it's just sleeping
He took his sword back, depositing it carefully back in its sheath with a sharp metallic swoosh. The woman smiled and chuckled pleasantly, puzzling him. Brown ears fell for a moment. She complimented him in various fashion, urging his fingers to comb self-consciously through his short spiky mane. He shrugged muscular shoulders. "Well, I uh..guess. I mean..." He murmured, blushing beneath his fur. "I've been training since I was old enough to hold a sword...I was a soldier, of sorts..." Although he'd been only on one mission...It didn't end well, and he hadn't wished to go on another. That was part of the reason why he was here now, no one knew exactly what had happened, he'd not told a soul, and most likely would never do so. They'd asked him, Eirick, and Thomas asked the man why. What he told them hadn't been a lie...He'd never lie, but...it had only been a fraction of the truth...

She spoke of his kindness, how he'd likely care deeply for his brothers and sisters, had he the chance to become one of them. And that may very well be true, but he'd no idea what to say to her. He simply shuffled his feet, glancing at the ground with the ever-present blush. Insults he could handle, it was the compliments that took him off guard.

"You'd put in a good word for me?" Ears perked, his tail began to sway behind him. Then she asked the question he'd been hoping to avoid. From where he'd come from honor and tradition were strictly upheld and a large part of society, it hadn't occurred to him that other settlements may see him differently than the wolves had. Even as an equal, perhaps? "I'm a half-breed, and a bastard, myself. My father...cheated on his mate...and, well, I'm the result of it. I was a stain on his honor, you see. The fact they tolerated me was a miracle." He'd no idea how the woman would respond, and made sure to keep his eyes on the ground. Would she think less of him now than before? He steeled himself for what might follow.

He quirked a brow at her as she extended her hand to him. She intended for him to...? No, oh no. "You mean for me to...? Oh, no...no, no, no. Heh, bad idea." He took her hand regardless, helping her onto the horse's back, but hesitated when she motioned for him. He declined animatedly, gazing from woman to horse. Finally he sighed, thinking it best to simply humor the woman. She obviously meant well, but he was still quite reluctant. He wasn't frightened of the beast, but knew he was a markedly better swordsman than horseman. He eyed Brynn carefully as he climbed on his back, watchful for any sign of rebellion from the horse. "Oh, I'm going to regret this..."

Messages In This Thread