Green Grass
[html]

No worries, just got back from the Absentee List! :>
WC: 611

lost into the weight of gravity

Colibri made a mental note to ask Saul later if it would be too much trouble, at least for him to transcribe her words. She wasn't sure if she was capable of learning to be literate; after all, she was getting on in years and wasn't exactly open to change. She wondered idly if Haku Soul had known how to read, and if he had simply neglected to teach her, or if he had been just as ignorant as she was. "In that case, I look forward to hearing from you! You can record all of your interesting encounters and new friends, and that way I can keep up with your stories even when you're too busy to visit." It would be like they was no distance between them, just as she'd hoped. She wasn't sure what she could record in response, since her daily routine rarely changed, but... in any case, it would still be something to look forward to. She smiled in relief as Eclipse reassured her that she was, in fact, fine -- her paws did not appear to be bothering her, so whomever had bandaged her, they had done a worthy job.

As her body failed her and she was no longer able to stand, Eclipse rushed to her side. Her niece's touch was gentle, as though afraid that she was so fragile she would fall apart if handled roughly. It was not untrue, of course, and Coli quietly acquiesced as they moved to the grass together. What was she supposed to say? She didn't know the root cause to whatever was plaguing her, just that she was terribly feeble and had been collapsing frequently since the attack. She had been able to hide it at the feast, since she had not taken part in any of the playful roughhousing between Teme, Bran, and Niernan, nor had she exerted herself in any other way. But she was so tired, all of the time. "It's okay, I promise... There's water at the lake, but you don't have to run off, I'll rest here... still recovering from all that," she trailed off, gesturing vaguely at the scar on her chest. Eclipse knelt beside her, eyes brimming with concern, causing Coli to avert her gaze again. She didn't want to be such a pitiable creature, the weakest link in their family. "Please don't worry," she added softly, brushing her fingers against Eclipse's knee in an attempt to set her at ease. It was enough to know she had someone who cared about her now.

"It would be easier with a mate, I'm sure," she said quietly, thinking as always of Anu raising her sons alone. It must have been lonely. At least she had the support of her packmates; it would have been nigh impossible for a loner to raise a litter. It would be easy for Eclipse to find a mate if she was ready to settle down, though. Males would jump at the chance to be with someone as alluring and self-sufficient as her; she could hunt and cook, she had no disfiguring scars or mental issues, everything about her was appealing. She was lucky in that sense, and lucky as well that she was attracted to the opposite sex -- it was harder for Coli to find a female interested in her, and it grew more difficult with each season that passed her by. "Of course it can wait," she agreed with a nod, although she was a touch disappointed that Eclipse did not share the same interest she did. If her mindset ever did change, Coli hoped she would still be around to meet the puppies.

Table by Sace!
[/html]

Quote:Thanks to the data loss, we are ending this thread OOCly. Coli gifted Eclipse some plants for a garden: sage, meadowsweet, and a blue flag iris from Crimson Dreams. Then the girls promised to keep in contact via Saul, and Eclipse left to prepare for her journey home.

Messages In This Thread