[aw] finding comfort in the smallest spaces
[html]

Vesper grinned at her friend’s agreement, and while she didn’t think much of other luperci languages, she liked the way el Diablo sounded and longed to make Helotes speak some more Spanish. Or maybe it was the alcohol making her giddy already.

She snorted at her friend’s rather honest statement about the puppies, although she knew she’d probably be charmed by Helotes’ kids if she met them when they weren’t just babies. She had zero maternal instincts, and the thought of caring for a little squalling rat didn’t appeal to her—although she sometimes wondered what it would be like if she somehow procured some pups to care for. While she’d no doubt she’d make an awkward parent, she did feel a little better at the thought of teaching kids how to hunt and fight and get through life.

Her ear flicked back when the dusky male spoke of his scarce mate. “She’ll return to you,” she murmured, meaning it both metaphorically and literally; she hadn’t seen the pygmy woman around much either. “Maybe she just needs to adjust to dealing with the kids. I mean, they’re yours; they’ve gotta be a handful.” She nudged him lightly then grabbed for the bottle they’d been passing back and forth.

Taking a bit larger of a gulp than she’d meant to, Vesper swallowed painfully then shoved the bottle back and frowned, her brows pinching together. “At least you got her, y’know? Half the time I don’t even know what the fuck I’m doing with Myrika. She’s gotta think I’m a moron, and she’s just playing polite, or something.” It was rare for the scarred coywolf to be self-conscious about that sort of thing, but the fact of how little experience she had came back to her. She could woo a damsel in distress and cultivate a relationship based on hormones, but the Aquila was new territory—soft but strong, far more intelligent than she was, and terrifying.

+325

<style type="text/css">
.island-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#4c626b; text-shadow:#8b8886 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.island-fb b.npc {color:#777;}
.island-fb a {color:#444;}
.island-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.island-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #4c626b; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.island-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.island-fb {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-color:#e5e0dc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qM3x2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8b8886; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b8886; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread